NAACCR Online Education
Tools and Software to Automate and Normalize the Cancer Data Abstraction Workflow
Date: June 18, 2021
Time: 1:00pm-4:00pm ET
Price: Members $95 Non-Members $130
To Purchase and Register:https://netforumpro.com/Tools
This course will provide an introduction and demonstration of modern tools for extracting and harmonizing cancer patient data, including: 1) the National Cancer Institute (NCI)’s Observational Research in Oncology Toolbox; 2) the DeepPhe natural language processing (NLP) and visualization software and the related DeepPhe-CR cancer registry tools; 3) the NCI-DOE application programming interface (API); and 4) the HemOnc chemotherapy regimen ontology. Due to the virtual nature of the meeting, this course will be primarily didactic, with a demonstration and interactive session at the end.
Upon completion of this tutorial, attendees will be able to:
• Understand the tools available in the NCI’s Observational Research in Oncology Toolbox and consider how they might be incorporated into existing workflows.
• Appreciate how natural language processing tools such as DeepPhe can aid in the abstraction process.
• Appreciate the utility of APIs and how they may ease the data collection process.
• Develop an understanding of how formal ontologic modeling of chemotherapy regimen concepts can increase the utility of cancer registry information.
• Understand how the DeepPhe-CR tools might be used to facilitate cancer registry abstraction efforts.
There are no requirements for this workshop
• The Cancer Medications Enquiry Database (CanMED)
• The DeepPhe and DeepPhe-CR NLP tools
• The NCI/DOE cancer NLP API
• The HemOnc chemotherapy regimen vocabulary